We continue to follow the guidance and recommendations of local and state public health partners to limit public gatherings and safeguard people over 60 to exposure to COVID-19. After careful consideration regarding virus concerns, we have made decisions to adjust our programming starting Monday March 16 as follows:
- All activities both at SCR and out of the center are cancelled until Monday April 13 (dates subject to change).
- We will be suspending daily congregate meal service at SCR until Monday April 13 (dates subject to change). A box lunch or frozen meal will be available for all congregate meal participants for pickup at SCR between 10:30 a.m. – 12 noon, Monday through Friday. SCR will not be providing transportation into the center for this pickup.
- Home-delivered meal service will continue without disruption. We will continue to be in communication with our volunteers about safety procedures.
- Limited SCR transportation will be available. Shopping trips will continue (normal shopping schedule may be adjusted). Rides to & from medical appointments will be referred to Lyft for no-cost transportation; contact us if you need information about how to access this service (free for SCR clients). No new medical appointment transportation will be scheduled until Monday April 13 (dates subject to change). Call SCR for more info: 216-749-5367.
These changes will be re-evaluated as more information becomes available. As we have all experienced, information is continually evolving and we will be watching carefully for updated guidelines from health officials.
We know these decisions impact many people in a variety of ways. We hope that these changes will cause the least amount of disruption while being mindful of everyone’s safety. We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding these decisions.
As always, we are urging both clients and staff:
- If you feel ill, please stay home. Contact your health provider by phone for instructions before seeking in-person care for flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath).
- Clean your hands regularly: Wash your hands with soap & water, and dry thoroughly.
- Use alcohol-based handrub if you don’t have immediate access to soap and water.